Thursday, July 3, 2008

Training day

I got this handy journalism training video passed on to me earlier this week. It made up for not having taken more than a single journalism-related class during my entire college experience. 

And when I say class, I don't mean a course...I mean literally that one literary journalism lecture I audited during the last week of the semester. 

Checklist for entrepreneurial young journalist:

Reporters notepads (check)
Camera (check)
Fedora
Pens/pencils (check)
Press card
Laptop/typewriter (check)
Fake mustache 


Please plan your shopping trips for my birthday accordingly.

3 comments:

S.P. Sullivan said...

I have fake mustaches and a fedora, if you're ever in a pinch.

You forgot to add drinking problem and caffeine addiction.

Anonymous said...

I don't think he forgot drinking problem and caffeine addiction, I just think those two things are a given!

I would make a note that you're missing:

Suspenders

A large, perpetually half-smoked cigar

-fake mustache may be replaced with a grizzled chin and sleep deprived look

Meghan said...

I think glasses are a must, too, but you've got that one covered (when they're not lost or covered by a pile of papers on your desk).