Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Post or perish

I haven't blogged in quite some time; a vicious reversal of my daily posts when I was still with the Massachusetts Daily Collegian struggling to keep a dying news blog alive

In my defense, I've been busy. Pelham and Salem manage to eat up a good sized chunk of my time when I'm not paying attention. I got this great story out of Pelham last week that I will definitely have to e-mail Katie Huston when I get a chance. She told me before we all left for the summer that if I came across anything ridiculous that I was to send it to her right away. I think this qualifies. 

Crime-wise this week has been much less entertaining. I've gone two weeks without a major press release out of Salem PD, though they did arrest two coke dealers last week - unfortunately the officer in charge of media communications was out for the day - and only the occasional wackiness from Pelham. 

Last week a hot air balloon landed in Pelham and scared a dog enough to send him flying out into the street where he was promptly hit by a car and killed. It may have been one of the most ridiculous public safety-related events I have ever heard. Unfortunately, the officer on duty at the time went home early and didn't file a report on the event until almost a full week later...

I guess those are the breaks. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the news coming, Derrick. And you better get your ass to my grad party on the 12th.

Anonymous said...

You're telling me that a hot air balloon landed, scared a dog so bad it flew into the street where it was immediately run over by a car, and there is no legal recourse?! Derrick, I'm uncertain as to whether or not you're living in America. I expect a multi-million dollar law suit, and I expect it now.